JEE MAIN ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2014
JEE MAIN eligibility criteria list all the educational qualifications in order to appear for the JEE MAIN 2014 exam. JEE MAIN ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2014 include educational qualifications, age limit, year of passing and number of attempts. The qualifications are required by the candidate to be able to attempt the Joint Entrance Examination 2014 for admissions to the engineering courses across the country. Given below is the JEE MAIN eligibility criteria 2014.
Eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE (Main) – 2014
- Date of Birth
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1989 are eligible. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD candidates who are born on or after October 01, 1984 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
2. Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE)
Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2012 or 2013; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2014 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2014. Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2011 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2015 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2014. Candidates who appeared in class 12th/equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2011, did not pass in 2011, but passed in 2012 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2014.
3. Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination (QE)
Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main) – 2014. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE Main 2014.
4.Number of Attempts
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE Main shall be limited to three.
Points to consider for JEE MAIN eligibility criteria 2014:
- Candidates are also advised to note and verify for themselves the eligibility for appearing in jee advanced– 2014 as well as eligibility for admission to various institutes. Being eligible to write jee main and by obtaining an all india rank in jee main, a candidate does not automatically become eligible for admission. Only top 1.5 lack candidates will be eligible for the JEE Advance 2014.
- Candidates seeking admission to the institutions in the states of gujarat, maharashtra nagaland and odisha, which were earlier admitting based on their state level examination, are also advised to verify their eligibility as per criteria laid down by these state governments.
No. of Attempts and Age limit for the states of Maharashtra and Odisha:
- Since the states of Maharashtra, Nagaland and Odisha have now joined JEE Main system from 2014. The age limit, for admission to institutions in these states which were earlier admitting candidates based on their state level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The number of attempts in such cases will also remain same as per their past practice. This will however be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs.
- JEE MAIN APPLICATION FORM 2014 |HOW TO FILL JEE MAIN APPLICATION FORM
- JEE MAIN 2014 Notifications
- JEE MAIN ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2014
- JEE MAIN EXAM PATTERN 2014
- JEE MAIN RESERVATION OF SEATS 2014
- JEE MAIN ADMIT CARD|HALL TICKET 2014
- JEE MAIN 2014 Test centres
- JEE MAIN 2014 Syllabus
- Download JEE MAIN previous years solved question papers
- Download JEE MAIN solved Sample papers | Mock papers
- List of participating Institutes in JEE MAIN 2014 COUNSELLING
Tags: jee main eligibility criteria 2014, jee main eligibility criteria 2014,jee main eligibility criteria 2014, jee main eligibility criteria 2014,jee main eligibility criteria, eligibility criteria for jee main 2014, jee main eligibility criteria 2014,jee main eligibility criteria 2014, jee main eligibility criteria 2014,jee main eligibility criteria 2014, jee main eligibility criteria 2014,jee main eligibility criteria 2014.