IIT-JEE is one of the most prestigious exams conducted all over India. Only top 1.5 lacks qualified candidates of JEE Mains can appear for IIT JEE advanced (Reservations apply). The total seats in IIT is only 10 thousands making it most competing entrance exam of this country.
The article is not solely written for IIT JEE Advanced. This article can be followed to crack any entrance exam.
For reservation policy in IIT JEE Advanced 2014, Click here
Conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, your overall performance in the Joint Entrance Examination will help you qualify for admission into undergraduate programmes at the Indian Institutes of Technology and National Institutes of Technology. This article is going to be lengthy. But we promise it’s worth reading. Let us know in the comment section whether you liked it or not.
This article was written by Vipul Shah, an IITian now who cracked IIT in the year 2013 got AIR 524. He is now doing Civil Engineering from IIT Delhi. He shares his dark mysterious secrets on this platform. Please bare with him because this may change your future. Vipul from next paragraph:
I think I have been introduced by our Admin. In no way I am trying to be prodigy here. The outside world think IITians are nerds but believe me most of the students I met here are just simple people with big dreams. I am not going to do some useless brags sbout IIT, so lets just dive into the topic. The most common question a lot of students ask is whether they should join a couching institute or not? When I consulted this with my roommate Vaibhav who cracked without joining any Institute because of financial problem says ” Definitely join a coaching institute if it is in your budget. They will not only polish your talent but also help you in a lot ways”. He continues “I won’t say cracking this entrance exam is a child’s play, but if you go systematically this can be a lot easier”.
Most of the students are not able to make themselves to IIT is because their basics are not clear. They didn’t study their 9th, 10th, 11th and in 12th when they realise, they had missed their most crucial time. I am admitting here that I started preparing for IIT from 10th. As my friend suggested it would be a wise idea to join an Institute. So if you are in 10th right now, starts preparing and if you are 12th and if you think you can crack it just by doing a crash course, then I assume that you are a genius. So without wasting our time lets get to the point.
We also wrote a detailed article on how to crack IIT JEE Advanced subject wise where we also recommended some books to be followed by every JEE Aspirant. A must read guide.
The top 5 mantras on how to crack IIT JEE Advance
- Time management
- High spirit/willingness
Detailed explanation on how to crack IIT JEE Advanced
- Think Big: To get the goal you want in life, you need motivation. The bigger your dream, the bigger is your success. Motivation creates commitment, which in turn creates zeal to just make it happen.
- Every battle is first won in the mind. Some people are in the habit of leaving jobs half-finished. Quitting is a negative habit and won’t take you far in life.
- Take Your First Step: Know exactly where you stand and what do you need to get through this exam. Ask yourself “Am I ready?” Once you are mentally and physically prepared, you need to know about the examination like eligibility criteria, exam pattern, reservation policy (if you are in India), how many students are competing and important dates of examination.
- Right Approach: Now it’s time to collect study material. Ask your teacher which writer’s book is best for this particular topic? Along with it purchase sample papers of the exam from local market shop. We suggest not to download sample papers and previous years question papers from internet, instead have a book. The reason behind this suggestion is while we were having discussion with some students earlier, many of them avoided downloaded material reasoning that it affects their concentration and causes eye strain. While we also feel they are right, but it depends on individual’s choice.
- Plan your Strategy Professionally and Meticulously: Analyze your shortcomings and strengths to plan your strategy. Accumulate your resources and utilize for best results. It requires strategic planning, positive attitude, hard work, careful guidance and loads of practice.
- Time Management: The students should properly plan their time. Time management is a critical factor in preparation of any exam so that one can get through it. Student should develop habit of writing as many as possible tests.
- Dedication: Dedication and spirit both are two sides of same coin. Both work extremely well if they are in coordination. During our study on this topic most of the students we met felt at one point that they are not going to make it because of huge syllabus of entrance examination and competition. But it was the will power which made it happen. We suggest you to keep your head cool.
Negative thoughts really affects the whole study plan. Don’t let it ruin your confidence. Believe in yourself and say it loudly “I will make it”. Other important thing is to visualize that you have cracked the examination. How happy you are and how much proud your parents and your relatives are. This will surely boost your confidence and you will feel better.
- Syllabus Check: A lot of students study everything even it is not in entrance examinations’ syllabus. Keep the syllabus of examination on study table. Check it before you begin and after you end your studies to know how much you need to cover this day.
To download IIT JEE Advanced 2014 syllabus, Click here
- Test and motivate yourself: It’s important to test your understandings and skills time to time. This makes sure that you are at right path and figures out your weak points. You can take previous year’s entrance question papers and try to solve those questions what you have studied so far. Don’t try to solve those questions which you haven’t study yet. Once you get good score in these tests, award yourself with a movie or anything you like.
To download previous years solved question paper, Click here
To download sample papers for IIT JEE Advance, Click here
- How to approach a question: Try conventional methods first, say experts. If they don’t work out, try to understand the problem again and find clues that can lead you to the solution. “Go through the concepts related to the problem once again and see how they can be applied to the problem at hand. Try to relate the problem to real-life situations. It will help you to analyze it better. Refer to the solution, only when you have exhausted your limits. See what you had missed earlier. Practice similar problems. Doing 100 quality and concepts-based questions is more important than doing 1000 questions, which have not been selected carefully. Devise your own shortcuts and ways to tackle particular kind of problems.
- Strategize, pick the right question: Remember you don’t need to crack every question to be successful. You just need to crack 4.2 questions out of 10. So don’t panic if you are not able to crack a few questions. Know your forte before you enter the examination hall. Understand well what you know and what you don’t know.This realisation will help you strategise your test taking skills. First strike on the sums of the topic you are confident about and then move on to the topics you are least confident of.
- Don’t Just Shoot: Well begun is half done, so start professionally, with a cool head. Read the question properly and try to understand it. If you have understood the intricacy of the questions, then half of the job is done. Paper which starts well, ends well too. Never try such questions in which you are not sure of the right choice because there is negative marking in the examination.
- Increase speed and accuracy: Practice, practice and practice is what you need. There are no shortcuts to success. All you have to do is practice. Study but objective approach to the subject is mandatory nowadays. Have a clock on your table and try to solve the sample paper in given time. Learn to coordinate with clock. If you are serious about entrance examination act like you are.Benefits of having a clock are:
It will increase your test-taking speed.
It will help you overcome panic.
It will give you a clear picture about the topics you’re weak in.
Have a wrist watch at the day of examination.
- Fill the empty spaces: Try to fill the empty spaces means read, recite, and memorize the concepts/formulas while eating, waiting and travelling etc. Breathing exercises should be included in this regime in order to relieve the stress and be ready for intellectual challenges. Food is also a very important aspect that needs to be taken care of when preparing for entrance examinations. Stay away from fried, fatty and high sugar foods and eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Drink water or energy drinks as much as you can.
Recommended books for every JEE Aspirants
More about IIT JEE Advanced 2014:
- JEE ADVANCED 2014
- Download IIT JEE Advanced sample papers
- Download JEE Advanced 2014 Admit card| Hall ticket
- Download JEE Advanced Previous years Solved papers
- IIT JEE Advanced 2014 results
- IIT JEE Advanced 2014 Syllabus Physics, Chemistry, Maths, B Arch
- JEE Advanced 2014 Cut-off marks and rank procedure
- JEE Advanced 2014 eligibility criteria
- JEE ADVANCED 2014 FAQs | IIT JEE Advanced FAQs
- JEE Advanced 2014 Notifications
- JEE Advanced 2014 Online choice filling, Seat allotment, Admission
- JEE ADVANCED 2014 Reservation of seats
Tags: How to Crack IIT,How to Crack IIT JEE, How to Crack IIT 2014, How to Crack IIT JEE 2014, How to Crack IIT JEE Advanced, How to Crack IIT JEE Advanced 2014, How to Crack IIT, How to Crack IIT, How to Crack IIT, How to Crack IIT, How to Crack IIT, How to Crack IIT, How to Crack IIT, How to Crack IIT, How to Crack IIT,How to Crack IIT,How to Crack IIT advanced, How to Crack IIT JEE Advanced 2014,How to Crack IIT 2014,How to Crack IIT,How to Crack IIT,How to Crack IIT,How to Crack IIT,How to Crack IIT.
Liked this article. Kindly share this on following social websites
Latest posts by Vipul (see all)
- NIT Arunachal Pradesh Cut off Opening & Closing Rank - July 26, 2014
- Top science colleges in India 2015 - July 14, 2014
- How to Crack IIT JEE Advance 2015 - February 16, 2014