CSAB-NEUT 2014 Ultimate Counselling Guide: Government of India has an ongoing scheme of reservation of few seats in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy courses conducted at degree level technical Institutions across the country approved by AICTE, for students belonging to twelve States and UTs (namely Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep ) which do not have engineering colleges/polytechnics or have lack of facilities for education in specific field of technical .
For maximum participation of students with utmost transparency North Eastern states and Union Territories committee CSAB –NEUT 2014 was formed. CSAB NEUT-2014 will make allotment of seats to candidates on the basis of their All India Rank (AIR) in JEE Main -2014 to the first year of Engineering/Technology, Architecture. Allotment for pharmacy will be on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in class twelfth.
It is important to note that these seats are other than those offered through CSAB-2014, which is for NITs, IIITs, some Central/State Government Funded Technical Institutes and Self-Financed Technical Institutes. The entire admission process will consist of two rounds.
|1.||ONLINE Registration, filling up the Choices.||July 22, 2014, 5 PM|
|2.||Locking of Choices||July 25,2014, 2014, 5 PM|
|3.||1st round of seat allotment.||July 29, 2014|
|4.||Reporting at the Reporting Centers against 1st Round of allotment||July 30– Aug 2, 2014, 5 PM|
|5.||2ndRound ofseat allotment||Aug 6, 2014|
|6.||Reporting at the Reporting Centers against 2nd Round of allotment||Aug 7 – 9, 2014, 5 PM|
The allotment procedure broadly involves following stages:
- Online registration
- Online choice filling, saving and locking
- Seat Allotment
- Personal reporting to a Reporting Center with documents and Demand Draft for security deposit to be drawn in favor of ‘CSAB-MNIT Jaipur’.
- Personal reporting to the allotted institutes for final admission. Here candidates can exercise option I, II and III. Details are given in 5.2 section below.
1. Online registration: CSAB NEUT 2014
- Eligible candidates on the basis of JEE Main 2014 All India Ranks (AIR) are required to register Online through website (www.csab.nic.in/neut2014) for admission to Engineering/Architecture.
- For admission to Pharmacy, candidates are required to register by clicking on a separate link available on website www.csab.nic.in/neut2014.
- Eligible candidates should log-in using Roll Number of JEE(Main) and Password created during JEE Main registration for admission to Engineering/Architecture, and through separate link available on website www.csab.nic.in/neut2014 for Pharmacy. If the candidate furnishes this information successfully, then system will prompt to change the password. During change of the Password, candidate is also required to submit a Security Question and its Answer. Candidates are advised to record/remember his/her password for all future logins. In case a candidate Forgets his password, he can always exercise the forgot password option.
- The candidates qualified in the JEE (Main)-2014 should not wait for the paper copy of the score card by post from CBSE. They are advised to take the printout of the score card from JEE (Main)-2014 website and do the needful.
- Help centres have been setup for CSAB-NEUT 2014 counselling process at diffreent places and will function from 9.00 AM to 4.00 PM.
- Candidates may take a printout (hard copy) of the registration form containing the above personal data.
2. Online Choice Filling, Saving and Locking: CSAB NEUT
- On the appropriate date , all the registered candidates are required to fill their choices of branches and institutes in order of their preference.
- The procedure for filling choices and seeking pertinent information is guided through appropriate messages, pop-ups and tabs on the computer screen. Candidate must ensure that the pop-ups are enabled on your internet browser.
- As per the eligibility of the candidate, available seat information relating to institutes, disciplines (Engineering/Technology and Architecture/Planning), branches (e.g., Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) will be displayed.
- Candidates can, and should, fill in as many number of choices in the order of their preference from the list of available seats.
- A registered candidate, who did not fill any choice and/or fail to save them in the first round, will not be considered for seat allotment and admission in second round.
- There are two rounds in this CSAB-NEUT 2014 Counselling process. In the FIRST round seat allotment would be done on the basis of JEE Main 2014 All India Rank. In second round, seats will be allotted against the available vacancies at the end of first round and the results will be available on the web site. In the second round, no fresh choice filling will be permitted; registered candidates will not be allowed to alter or resubmit their choice. Therefore, all candidates are advised to fill in their choices in the first round itself.
- Candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change or re-order their choices, delete or edit earlier choices and add new choices any number of times until they lock their final choices. Choices should be positively locked before the scheduled date.
- Candidates must take printout of their locked choices. This printout, which will consist of the terms and conditions as agreed by the candidates, has to be signed and submitted at the time of reporting at Reporting Centre.
Choice Filling Process for Candidates Eligible for both Engineering and Architecture Streams
- There will be combined choice filling for Engineering and Architecture. A candidate who is eligible for both Engineering and Architecture streams will be allocated only one seat (the higher choice) from his choice list based on his/her merit. Therefore, such candidates are advised to carefully fill their choices during choice filling. A candidate may get a seat of higher preference of choices in the second of allocation .However, for Pharmacy, separate choice filling is to be done.
Choice Filling Process for Candidates Eligible for Pharmacy
- Candidates will be required to register separately through the link provided on the website of CSAB NEUT 2014 for pharmacy seats.
- Candidates will be required to enter marks obtained in class XII and upload scanned copy of mark sheet for verification.
- In case of any non-matching of marks with the scanned copy, the registration of candidate shall be cancelled automatically.
- Allotment shall be done on the basis of percentage of total marks in class XII.
Once everything is filled up/completed Candidates must lock their choices. If one in any case forgets to do that, choices would be locked automatically after the deadline.
Choices once locked cannot be edited/altered.
3. Online Seat Allotment: CSAB-NEUT
The allotment result will be available on the CSAB NEUT-2014 website. Individual allotment letters will not be sent to the candidate’s. Candidates should take a printout of the allotment details from CSAB NEUT- 2014 website. Candidates who are allotted seats will have to personally report to any one of the Reporting Centers convenient to them with Demand Draft of security deposit drawn in Favor of ‘CSAB-MNIT Jaipur’ and original documents for verification.
4. Payment of Initial Fee: CSAB-NEUT 2014
The process of allotment would involve two rounds of seat allotment. Candidates who are allotted seats would be required to deposit demand draft (DD) of Rs. 2000/- drawn in favor of ‘CSAB-MNIT Jaipur’as refundable security deposit along with verification of documents at the Reporting Center of his/her respective state/UT. This amount would be refunded to those candidates who join the allotted college. For others, who don’t join on the allotted seat, this amount would be forfeited.
Entire fee of the college is to be directly deposited by the candidate at the allotted college.
5. Reporting to Reporting Center for Provisional Admission
Candidates who get a seat allotment for the first time in 1st or 2ndround should report to any Reporting Center within the stipulated period for those rounds for taking the provisional admission. Generally, the reporting time at all Reporting Centers is 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM.
Those seat allocated candidates who didn’t make it to reporting centres would forfeit their claims on the seat allocated and they will not be considered for seat allotment in second round. Those Candidates who went to reporting centre at this point would be asked to present valid certificates of their higher education, caste certificates and other important doucuments which can be found from here.
5.1 Exercising Options in CSAB-NEUT 2014
Candidates will be required to exercise one of the following Options when they report to the Reporting Center during 1st round of reporting:
- Option-I, if they wish to be considered in the next round for all of their higher preference choices (i.e. even across institutes).
- Option-II, if they wish to be considered in the next round for their higher preference choices only within the institute allotted to them.
- Option-III, if they are satisfied with the currently allotted seat; therefore their higher preference choices will not be considered in the subsequent round.
5.2 Issue of Provisional Admission Letter
- Whenever a candidate gets a seat allotment for the first time in any of the rounds, provisional admission letter will be issued at the Reporting Center (RC) after completion of reporting formalities.
- The candidate shall check all the entries in this provisional admission letter, sign it and preserve it for further reference.
- All candidates, who have obtained provisional admission letter from the Reporting Center, shall check on the CSAB NEUT -2014 website for the status/up- gradation of their allotted seat after each round of allotment. They should take a printout of the letter indicating new allotment as available on the website.
- Such candidates are not required to come to the Reporting Centre again and should report to the latest allotted institute within the stipulated time slot. At the time of reporting to the Allotted institute for admission, candidates shall carry both, the original provisional letter issued by the Reporting Center and a printout of the latest allotment letter from the CSAB NEUT-2014 website.
5.3 Reporting to the Allotted Institute for CSAB-NEUT 2014
- Candidates who reported in first round and opted for Option III, should go to their allotted institute for admission during scheduled time.
- Candidates with Option I/Option II from first round, should wait for the result of second round. In case of any change in the allotment status consequent upon the result of the second round, he should approach the reporting center of respective State/UT for obtaining revised allotment letter. Only, after obtaining the revised allotment letter candidate should report at the allotted institute.