[su_heading margin=”50″] JEE Advanced 2014 eligibility criteria[/su_heading]
JEE Advanced 2014 eligibility criteria list all the educational criteria required by the candidate in order to be able to write the exam. JEE Advanced 2014 eligibility criteria include age limit, no of attempts, educational qualifications. Below is a detailed article on JEE Advanced 2014 eligibility criteria. Candidate must go through this before appearing for the final examination.
Candidates who wish to write JEE Advanced – 2014 must write the Paper-1 of JEE Main-2014 in the month of April 2014. For eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Main – 2014 please click here . Only top 1, 50,000 candidates (including all categories) qualified in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) – 2014 will be eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) -2014.
Distribution of top 1, 50,000 candidates across various categories in the merit list of JEE (Main)-2014 are as follows:
- Top 75750 (50.5%) from the common merit list (CML)
- Top 40500 (27%) from Other Backward Classes-Non creamy layer OBC (NCL),
- Top 22500 (15%) from Scheduled Caste(SC)
- Top 11250 (7.5%) from Scheduled Tribe(ST) candidates
3% of total seats in each category are reserved for PwD candidates(i.e. 2272 GE-PwD, 1215 OBC (NCL) – PwD, 675 SC-PwD and 338 ST-PwD).
JEE Advanced 2014 eligibility criteria
1. Age Limit
Candidates of GE and OBC categories must have been born on or after October 01, 1989 and those of SC, ST and PwD categories must have been born on or after October 01, 1984.
2. Number of Attempts in JEE Advanced 2014
A candidate can attempt JEE Advanced a maximum of two times and that too, in consecutive years. However, being in the top 1, 50,000 in JEE Main-2014 is the prime eligibility criterion applicable to all irrespective of the attempt number. Those who appeared in their Qualifying Examination in 2012 or earlier (irrespective of whether they passed or failed) are NOT ELIGIBLE. Candidates who attempted IIT-JEE in 2012 or earlier, are also NOT ELIGIBLE to appear in JEE Advanced-2014.
3. Earlier Admission Taken Through JEE Advanced-2013
Candidates who had earlier taken admission (irrespective of whether or not they continued in any of the programmes) or accepted admission by paying the admission fee at any of the IITs or ISM Dhanbad, are NOT ELIGIBLE to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2014.
4. Performance Criteria in Qualifying Examination
Admission to IITs and ISM Dhanbad will be based only on category wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE (Advanced)-2014 subject to the condition that such candidates are among the top 20 percentile of successful candidates of their Boards in respective categories. PwD candidates will be given relaxation in the eligibility criteria as per the decision of the Joint Admission Board of JEE (Advanced)-2014 in consonance with the directives of the Government of India.
In case a Board does not provide the information the regarding the cut-off for top 20 percentile of successful candidates in respective category, the candidate will have to produce a certificate from the concerned Board stating that he/she falls within the top 20 percentile of successful candidates. If the candidate fails to do so, then the CBSE percentile will be used as the criteria for deciding minimum cut off marks in qualifying examination.
Candidates who passed their Qualifying Exam in 2013 will be considered on the basis of the top 20 percentile cut off marks of their boards in 2013. Candidates, who passed in 2013 and would improve their performance of QE in 2014, will be considered on the basis of 2014 cut off marks of their respective Boards in their respective category.
If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of online acceptance of seat. In case such a certificate is not provided the decision taken by the Joint Implementation Committee (JIC) of JEE (Advanced)-2014 will be final.
A current list of recognized Qualifying Examinations is furnished below:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
In case the relevant QE is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
Important Points for JEE Advanced 2014 eligibility criteria
If a Board invariably declares the results of the Qualifying exam after July 15 every year, the candidate is advised not to attempt JEE (Advanced)-2014. It may be noted that candidates must produce statement of marks of the Qualifying exam at the time of admission
- JEE ADVANCED 2014 FAQs | IIT JEE Advanced FAQs
- JEE Advanced 2014 Notifications
- JEE Advanced 2014 eligibility criteria
- JEE ADVANCED 2014 Reservation of seats
- Download IIT JEE Advanced sample papers
- IIT JEE Advanced 2014 Syllabus Physics, Chemistry, Maths, B Arch
- Download JEE Advanced 2014 Admit card| Hall ticket
- Download JEE Advanced Previous years Solved papers
- IIT JEE Advanced 2014 results
- JEE Advanced 2014 Cut-off marks and rank procedure
- JEE Advanced 2014 Online choice filling, Seat allotment, Admission
Tags : jee advanced 2014 eligibility criteria, IIT jee advanced 2014 eligibility criteria,IIT jee advanced 2014 eligibility, jee advanced Eligibility 2014, jee advanced 2014 eligibility criteria, eligibility criteria for IIT 2014, ELIGIBILITY criteria for JEE Advanced 2014,jee advanced 2014 eligibility criteria,jee advanced 2014 eligibility criteria,jee advanced 2014 eligibility criteria, jee advanced 2014 eligibility criteria.jee advanced 2014 eligibility criteria,jee advanced 2014 eligibility criteria,jee advanced 2014 eligibility criteria,jee advanced 2014 eligibility criteria, eligibility for JEE Advanced 2014.