JEE Main counselling procedure: Central Seat Allocation Board has started JEE Main counselling for 2014. The JEE Main counselling started on July 8 at 6 PM. Before registering for JEE Main counselling, you have to check your JEE Main result. To check your JEE Main result 2014 all you need to know is your roll no and date of birth. You can check your result from here.
Before proceeding further, I would like you to know some important terms of JEE Main counselling ( which are commonly asked by candidates ) used in this article:
CSAB: Central Seat Allocation Board is handling JEE Main counselling process. The AIR of JEE Main will be handed over by the Central Board of Secondary Education to CSAB for JEE Main counselling. CBSE has no role in JEE Main counselling.
Spot Round: Earlier there used to be only four rounds of seat allotment. But from this year onward an extra round of seat allotment has been included in JEE Main counselling. The fifth round is called spot round. To participate in spot round a JEE Main candidate has to register before fourth round of seat allotment. The registration is only of those candidate who have missed the registration on 8 -12 July i.e. before the first round.
Primary difference between “First Four Rounds” and “Spot Round” is that in the Spot Round a candidate pays the fees in advance and thereby agrees to accept the seat if allocated to him. However, if a candidate has paid the initial fee in earlier rounds and participates in spot round (under different categories), he/she need not to pay the spot round fee again. There is no provision of “Fees refund” paid for spot round, if the candidate chooses not to accept the seat.
- In Spot Round, both Government Funded Technical Institutes (NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs) and Self Financed Technical Institutes (SFTIs) will participate.
- For spot round, candidates are advised to carefully choose their institutes and branches, as there is no provision of fee refund if one chooses not to join the allotted institute.
- In Spot Round the collected fee will not be refunded if seat is allocated to a candidate. The collected fee will be sent to the allocated Institute by CSAB-2014 even if the candidate does not take admission there. However, in case no seat is allocated to a candidate the collected fee will be refunded to the candidate by CSAB-2014.
Options I, II and III: This is pertaining to considering choices of preference higher than the currently allotted seat.
- Option I means all the choices of higher preference be considered in the next round.
- Option II means only the higher preference choices within the currently allotted institute be considered in the next round.
- Option III means the candidate wants to freeze the currently allotted seat.
State of eligibility: The state from which the candidate has passed his/her qualifying examination.
Internal sliding: When there are some vacancies in an institute, students who have joined that institute are given an opportunity to participate in the sliding. Students interested in change of branch submit choices of ALL the branches in that institute in the order preference. Choices of students are processed as per their AIR and change of branch may occur for some of the students.
Important points: JEE Main counselling procedure
Now that you are clear with the basics of jee main counselling 2014. We should now move to miscellaneous . Here are the some important information you must know:
- Now To participate in jee main counselling go to CSAB website and click on “online registration and choice filling” button. You will be presented a screen where you have to log in using JEE Main roll no and password.
- After registering successfully, you will be presented with colleges and its branch choice.
- There will be single set of choice for Engineering and architecture candidates to facilitate the candidates who are eligible for both engineering and architecture. Such Candidates will be allocated only one seat based on their AIR.
- Now that you filled your preferred choices, lock it before 5 PM of July 12. Locked choices will not be able to revert back. In any case if you forget to lock it, it will be locked automatically afterward.
CSAB Registration 2014 Start Date – 8 July 2014 , 5 PM.
CSAB Registration 2014 End Date – 12 July 2014 , 5 PM.
The first round of seat allotment will be displayed on the CSAB website (www.csab.nic.in). Individual allotment letters will not be sent to the candidates.
If you are satisfied with the allocated seat of your choice of Instituted, pay the online initial fee and print the payment slip and provisional admission slip.
- All the candidates who get an allotment and deposited initial fee, will report in person to any one of the Reporting Centers, failing which their seat allotment shall stand cancelled. Also, they will not be considered for further rounds of seat allotment, except for Spot Round for which they have to register afresh during the scheduled time.
- Candidates should produce all the relevant certificates in original for verification, signed printout of locked choices and provisional allotment letter printed from the web site, when they report to the Reporting Center.
- Proof (Print out / SMS / Email) of online payment of initial fee of Rs. 40,000/-is to be produced at the time of reporting. The fee can be paid through e-Challan or Debit card /Credit card / Netbanking. (No Demand Drafts/ Cheques/Cash will be accepted at the reporting centre).
- Candidates shall, at this point, indicate their willingness to be considered for all of their higher preference choices (across the institutes) during further rounds of seat allotment (Option I) OR choose to remain within the institute allotted to them and consideration of higher choices within the institute (Option II), OR choose to remain with the institute and branch allotted to them (Option III).
- Option I and Option II candidates will forfeit their claim on seats allotted to them in earlier rounds, if they are allotted other seats against their higher preference choices during subsequent rounds.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued to the candidates at the Reporting Center after the verification of the fee is paid, and all certificates/credentials are found in order.
[su_heading size=”22″ margin=”30″]Informative Documents for CSAB JEE Main counselling 2014 – Download [/su_heading]
CSAB JEE Main counselling – Download list of participating Institutions
CSAB JEE Main counselling – Download list of participating Institutions with contact and fee details
CSAB JEE Main counselling – Reporting and help centres created to facilitate easy counselling
CSAB JEE Main counselling – Seat availability/matrix in different Institutions
CSAB JEE Main counselling – Special restrictions on admission
CSAB JEE Main counselling – JEE Main 2014 admission eligibility
CSAB JEE Main counselling – CSAB JEE Main 2014 counselling information brochure
Now have a look at following flow chart and you will get everything of jee main counselling 2014. The next four rounds including spot round are almost same.
[su_heading size=”22″ margin=”30″]JEE Main counselling procedure[/su_heading]
Let us know your doubts in the comment section.
Search Tags: jee main counselling, jee main counselling 2014, csab jee main counselling, jee main 2014 counselling, jee main counselling procedure, jee main counselling schedule, jee main counselling process, jee main counselling structure, csab counselling 2014, jee main counselling 2014, jee main counselling flow chart, jee main counselling explained,jee main counselling.